Thursday, July 5, 2012

Seriously, body?! Get it together!!!

Well................
My back isn't any better. My 30th birthday is next Tuesday and my body is NOT cooperating! It's hard to say "Well, I don't FEEEEEEL 30!" when I currently have to shuffle instead of walk, lol. However, I'm going to the chiropractor today, so I'm hoping that by the time I actually TURN 30, I'll be better! :^)

On another note, I got paired up with my Foodie Penpal today, so that'll be like an extra birthday present, lol. I CAN'T WAIT! I contacted the girl I'm sending a package to, within 15 mins of getting her email address, haha. SO. MUCH. FUN!

I'm off for now, headed to the doc! Have a fabulous Thursday everyone!!!

xoxo
Ali

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update as of 12:58pm:

Diagnosis from chiropractor: I have dislocated/sprained my left sacroiliac joint. It's the joint that connects the hip bone to the backbone (runs across the top of your buttcheek pretty much, lol, tmi...).

Anyway, she put these little electronic pulse patches on me, with a big ice pack, then she put an exercise ball on the table and had me lean over it, while she worked the CRAP out of the muscles around both ends of the joint (hurt SOOOO bad).

Then she put me back on the electronic thingys and the ice pad. Then she put bio-freeze on it, and gave me lots of samples to last the weekend.

She said my car trip to GA this weekend for my BIRTHDAY PARTY (YAYYYYYYY!) would be fine as long as I kept icing it on and off, and I have a follow-up appt on Monday at 5. But I'll tell ya, I've got some relief now. It still hurts, but I didn't expect a miracle! It was DEFINITELY worth the trip. :^)       

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get better soon. I use to work in a doctors office like that. Physical therapy and it really does help. Just follow the instructions and give it time to heal.

    Have a Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete