Monday, June 18, 2012

Motivational Monday - 6/18/12


Honestly, this might be one of my favorite Pinterest finds EVER. I printed it and have it taped to my computer monitor at work. It's SO inspiring!

This time, I'm losing weight for GOOD. I will NOT gain it back, and I know that. I've figured out (most of) my flaws. The biggest one: I "secret-eat".

Hi, my name is Ali and I'm a closet eater.
"Hi, Ali"...
(lol)

I used to try and sneak food ALL the time...
I'd go pay for gas inside the store so I could get chips or cookies and my hubby would never know from the charge to our acct...
I'd use any cash I could get my hands on to buy fast food for breakfast, but then I'd still eat breakfast when I got to work also.

It's those things that I KNOW about myself now, and while I can't avoid the situation of having cash forever, I can control my actions now instead of letting my actions control ME. I also know that I NEED exercise in order to have consistant weight loss! And I'm getting better at it. For example:

I was woken up this morning when a water bug fell off the ceiling and onto my back with a "thud" while I was sleeping. Those of you who don't know what a water bug is, click here.... ***shudder***... If you live in FL, you know what they are - and no matter how much you spray your house for bugs, a few of those dang things will make it in - seriously - no matter what.

Anyway, I LEPT out of bed, screaming bloody murder "AHHHHHHH! OH MY GOD, GET UP, GET UP, GET UP!!!" to my hubby snoozing on the couch... He ran in there, checked the bed, sheets, pillows, everything, but to no avail. It was gone.

So we sat down on the bed - by the time my heartbeat returned to normal, it was 5:45am and there was no way I could go back to sleep at this point, but I don't have to leave the house till 7:10am. So I decided to go walk/jogging. I'm so insanely proud of myself! By 6:30 this morning, 310 cals were GONE. I might try waking up early every Mon, Wed, & Fri to work out. Why not?? I've got this!!! :^)
       


Don't mind the bug in the after pic. He wanted to be in there too! LOL

2 comments:

  1. Way to use that abrupt awakening this morning to your advantage! I'm not a morning person, so I'd absolutely DREAD waking up early to exercise, but I know you can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the early morning workout. You are inspiring me to bring this back into my life!! And obv. we have something in common with the whole closet eating. I'm glad I'm not alone in the world!

    XOXO
    Kara
    http://thejourneyofforeverfriends.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete