Tuesday, June 12, 2012

$86,400

I saw this recently on an MFP forum (click here to view the original post) and had to post it here! It's such a great way of looking at things. I didn't write it myself, but I wanted to share with all of you!

Does any of this sound familiar?
I don't have time to exercise
I don't have time to walk the dog
I don't have time for me
I don't have time to cook real food
I go to McDonald's because I don't have time for anything else

Well imagine if I gave you $86,400, with the proviso, you MUST spend it ALL tomorrow, not ONE penny should be left by the day after. What would you do?

Besides scream "YIPPEE! I am rich"

You would probably sit down with a piece of paper, and plan out every last penny, then first thing tomorrow, you would get up, and start spending it.. right? You would possibly spend hours working out what you were going to spend it on, starting FIRST thing in the morning.

Well.. you have EXACTLY 86,400 seconds in a day. You will NEVER get those back, yet spend them without thinking about them. Instead of making excuses for not having time to do things.. PLAN. Get your family to plan their activity. Get a family calendar, and write on it... "MY WORKOUT TIME". Your health is worth the effort..so, stop making excuses!        

2 comments: