Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Starting Over...

Well, not "really" starting over....but it feels like it.

All along, I've thought my starting weight was 353...I even got it tattooed on my wrist, as a reminder that I NEVER want to go back there. So as of last Saturday lost a total of 26 lbs (had lost 45ish and then gained some back) and my current weight was 327.

However, we knew that our scale was off. Even when it told me I was 299, I couldn't weigh on the Wii scale or the dr's scale, both of which had weight limits of 330. So obviously something was wrong, lol.

Anyway, one of my dear friends (Suz - my inspiration!!!) sent us a new scale. It's awesome! It says the same number every time you step on it, and more importantly - when I compared the # to a recent dr visit, it's RIGHT!!!!! However....it says 357.

so.

I'm 357.

*sigh*

This feels like starting over....it's NOT, bc I know I've lost and kept off 26 lbs so far, but it FEELS like it.

On the plus side, when I entered my new starting weight and current weight into MFP, it "upped" my calories from 1650 to 1930! That was a bit shocking at first, but I've found ways (through extra fruit and peanut butter mostly) to "up" my cals to meet my goal. So since my starting weight on Saturday for the Biggest Loser competition was 357, I stepped on the scale yesterday morning to see if my higher cals were working.

They are.

354! I lost 3 lbs in 3 days!

Now THAT's what I'm talking about. Time to keep this up! I love re-motivation!!!

"If you don't like starting over, then quit stopping."


My wrist tattoo...it means "never again" in Latin, and the CCCLIII is my starting weight in Roman Numerals. However, it says "353", haha. We're going to add three X's at the bottom which will make it CCCLXXXIII....383. My new starting weight! :)

3 comments:

  1. What scale did you get? My scale seems to be about 6-8lbs off compared to my doctors scale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a glass one, made by Weight Watchers. I'd be ok with 6-8 lbs. That seems pretty usual, right? I don't know exactly :)

      Delete
  2. I would love a Withins scale but they are so pricy. I guess I'll be satisfied with the one I have..I think its pretty much the same as you have..its a glass too made by the same company that makes the one for Weight Watchers.

    ReplyDelete